GROOVED FLEXIBLE COUPLINGS PRODUCTS SERISE
STAINLESS STEEL GROOVED FLEXIBLE COUPLINGS SPECIFICATION
Housing : Stainless steel 304(CF8) or 316L(CF3M)
Rubber Gasket : Standard gasket is EPDM(Ethylene-Propylene-Diene Monomer), the range of working temperature is -50ºC-150ºC,using for cold water,hot water and rare alkaline chemical products.
Bolt&Nuts : Stainless steel bolts&nuts according to international standard models of carriage bolts and flange nuts.Nut is SS304 material.
According to ASTM A743 standard for housing material
–Type 304 to ASTM A743 CF8(304)
–Type 316L to ASTM A743 CF3M(316L)
Stainless steel is used as raw material with good corrosion resistance. And there is the natures which is high strength, good toughness and good mechanical properties. According to the precision casting process, the precision of the clamping size is guaranteed.The material has tensile strength which is not less than 600 MPA and the extension is not less than 15%. withstands high pressure and high impact of pipeline by several disadvantage factors.
The gasket seal with special C-shaped design, that is perfect matching with pipeline dimension in order to achieve working pressure.The gasket is tightener while further pressed in order to achieve sealing efficiency.when the Meanwhile, the imported raw material will also be guaranteed the mechanical properties.
MEDIUM PRESSURE STAINLESS STEEL FLEXIBLE GROOVED COUPLING(600psi)
|Working pressure psi
Scope of application
ZheJiang Morui Environment&Technology Co., Ltd. (refer to ZheJiang MR), is professional company which is committed to become processing manufacturer of pipeline system solutions. Located in the ZheJiang High-tech Zone as headquarter. There are several branches in ZheJiang , ZheJiang and ZheJiang provinces.
We are not only processing manufacturer, but also it has the own sales and service network. We are able to grasp accurately the clients’ “pain points” that the clients faced. And provide the proper solutions immediately. Because we have the excellent team who are focusing on follow-up service.
The ZheJiang MR company’s products have been widely used in the field of MF, UF and RO system, sewage water system, water supply and drainage, high-pressure desalination system, such as garbage infiltration liquid, electronic, chemical industry, air-conditioning and so on. Our products are compliance with international first-class standard(GB, ASTM, DIN and JIS). Meanwhile providing the professional before-sale and after-sale service to our clients.
Qn1: Are you the factory or trading company?
Ans: We are the factory of manufacturing flexible grooved couplings. There are 2 different types ,including plastic and stainless steel. They are mainly applicable in RO,UF and NF system.
The size is from 1″ to 8″, which is satisfied with water treatment.
Qn2: How about the working pressure of grooved couplings?
Ans: For plastic grooved couplings, normally are used in UF system. The Working pressure is up to 10bar with small size. For the larger size,up to 6bar,such like 2-1/2″ and 3″.
For stainless steel, there are 4 steps of working pressure. Low pressure(300psi),medium pressure(600psi), high pressure(1000psi) and ultra-high pressure(1500psi).
Qn3: Can I have sample provided?
Ans: Yes, we can provide sample.
Qn4: When can we get sample?
Ans: For standardized components with stock in hand, we’re ready for preparing within 2 working days.
Qn5: How can you ensure the quality of finished products?
Ans: There are several components to consists of finished goods,such as housing, gasket and bolts and nuts with any kinds of sizes. Excepts inspectors, we have several testing machines, like spectrographic analysis instrument, universal testing machine, impact machine and metallographic microscope to ensure the 100% sample selected be tested.
What role does a flexible coupling play in minimizing wear and tear on connected components?
A flexible coupling plays a vital role in minimizing wear and tear on connected components by absorbing and mitigating various mechanical stresses that occur during operation. Here’s how a flexible coupling achieves this:
- Misalignment Compensation: One of the primary causes of wear and tear on rotating machinery is misalignment between connected shafts. Misalignment can occur due to factors such as thermal expansion, foundation settling, or assembly errors. A flexible coupling can accommodate both angular and parallel misalignments, reducing the stress on the shafts and connected components. By allowing for misalignment, the coupling prevents excessive forces from being transmitted to the connected components, minimizing wear.
- Vibration Damping: During operation, rotating machinery can generate vibrations that lead to accelerated wear on components like bearings, gears, and couplings. A flexible coupling acts as a vibration damper, absorbing and dispersing vibrations, reducing their impact on connected components. This damping effect helps prevent fatigue and extends the life of the components.
- Shock Absorption: Machinery may experience sudden shocks or impact loads during start-ups, shutdowns, or due to external factors. A flexible coupling is designed to absorb and cushion these shocks, preventing them from propagating through the system and causing damage to sensitive components.
- Smooth Torque Transmission: In rigid couplings, torque transmission between shafts can be abrupt and cause torque spikes. These spikes put stress on the connected components, leading to wear and fatigue. Flexible couplings transmit torque smoothly, without sudden spikes, ensuring even distribution of forces and reducing the wear on components.
- Controlling Torsional Vibrations: Torsional vibrations, a type of vibration that affects rotating shafts, can be damaging to connected components. Some flexible couplings are designed to address torsional vibration issues, providing additional protection against wear and tear.
- Compensating for Thermal Expansion: Temperature fluctuations can lead to thermal expansion or contraction of machinery components. A flexible coupling can accommodate these changes, preventing undue stress on the connected components that may arise from differential expansion rates.
By performing these functions, a flexible coupling acts as a protective barrier for connected components, minimizing wear and tear, and contributing to their longevity. The reduced wear and stress on the components also result in lower maintenance costs and improved overall reliability of the mechanical system.
Can flexible couplings be used in power generation equipment, such as turbines and generators?
Yes, flexible couplings are commonly used in power generation equipment, including turbines and generators. These critical components of power generation systems require reliable and efficient shaft connections to transfer power from the prime mover (e.g., steam turbine, gas turbine, or internal combustion engine) to the electricity generator.
Flexible couplings play a vital role in power generation equipment for the following reasons:
- Misalignment Compensation: Power generation machinery often experiences misalignment due to factors like thermal expansion, settling, and foundation shifts. Flexible couplings can accommodate these misalignments, reducing the stress on shafts and minimizing wear on connected components.
- Vibration Dampening: Turbines and generators can generate significant vibrations during operation. Flexible couplings help dampen these vibrations, reducing the risk of resonance and excessive mechanical stress on the system.
- Torsional Shock Absorption: Power generation equipment may encounter torsional shocks during startup and shutdown processes. Flexible couplings can absorb and dissipate these shocks, protecting the entire drivetrain from damage.
- Isolation of High Torque Loads: Some power generation systems may have torque fluctuations during operation. Flexible couplings can isolate these fluctuations, preventing them from propagating to other components.
- Electrical Isolation: In certain cases, flexible couplings with non-metallic elements can provide electrical isolation, preventing the transmission of electrical currents between shafts.
Power generation applications impose specific requirements on flexible couplings, such as high torque capacity, robust construction, and resistance to environmental factors like temperature and humidity. Different types of flexible couplings, including elastomeric, metallic, and composite couplings, are available to meet the varying demands of power generation equipment.
When selecting a flexible coupling for power generation equipment, engineers must consider factors such as the type of prime mover, torque and speed requirements, operating conditions, and the specific application’s environmental challenges. Consulting with coupling manufacturers and following their engineering recommendations can help ensure the appropriate coupling is chosen for each power generation system.
Can flexible couplings be used in both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements. The design of flexible couplings allows them to accommodate misalignment and compensate for angular, parallel, and axial displacements between the shafts, making them suitable for various shaft orientations.
Horizontal Shaft Arrangements:
In horizontal shaft arrangements, where the shafts are parallel to the ground or horizontal plane, flexible couplings are commonly used to connect two rotating shafts. These couplings help transmit torque from one shaft to another while accommodating any misalignment that may occur during operation. Horizontal shaft arrangements are common in applications such as pumps, compressors, conveyors, and industrial machinery.
Vertical Shaft Arrangements:
In vertical shaft arrangements, where the shafts are perpendicular to the ground or vertical plane, flexible couplings are also applicable. Vertical shafts often require couplings that can handle the additional weight and forces resulting from gravity. Flexible couplings designed for vertical applications can support the weight of the rotating equipment while allowing for some axial movement to accommodate thermal expansion or other displacements. Vertical shaft arrangements are commonly found in applications such as pumps, gearboxes, turbines, and some marine propulsion systems.
Considerations for Vertical Shaft Arrangements:
When using flexible couplings in vertical shaft arrangements, there are a few additional considerations to keep in mind:
- Thrust Load: Vertical shafts can generate thrust loads, especially in upward or downward direction. The flexible coupling should be selected based on its capacity to handle both radial and axial loads to accommodate these forces.
- Lubrication: Some vertical couplings may require additional lubrication to ensure smooth operation and reduce wear, particularly if they are exposed to high axial loads or extended vertical shafts.
- Support and Bearing: Proper support and bearing arrangements for the vertical shaft are essential to prevent excessive shaft deflection and ensure the flexible coupling functions correctly.
Overall, flexible couplings are versatile and adaptable to various shaft orientations, providing efficient power transmission and misalignment compensation. Whether in horizontal or vertical arrangements, using the appropriate flexible coupling design and considering the specific application requirements will help ensure reliable and efficient operation.
editor by CX 2023-11-07